Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Louis C.K. Internet Comedy Special Is Already Profitable

Nominees for the 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were announced early Wednesday morning, with The Help leading the film contenders with four nominations and Modern Family topping the TV categories with five.our editor recommendsSAG Awards Nominations: Key Stats, Inclusions and Snubs (Analysis)'The Help' Leads Screen Actors Guild Awards NominationsSAG Awards Nominations: The Complete List PHOTOS: SAG Awards: The Nominees Jonah Hill, Moneyball -- outstanding supporting actor in a film: "I am incredibly moved and so grateful to my fellow actors for recognizing my role in Moneyball with this nomination. I feel so lucky to be an actor today as I do everyday. I owe a huge thanks and much credit to our entire cast and crew, our writers, and especially to our fearless leader and director Bennett Miller and to Brad Pitt, the most generous onscreen partner anyone could hope for. Having my work honored today by my peers pushes me to work even harder." Glenn Close, Albert Nobbs and Damages -- outstanding lead actress in a drama and outstanding lead actress in a drama series: "Thankfully Albert Nobbs never had to be in a room with (Damages) Patty Hewes! I'm thrilled and honored and ecstatic that Janet McTeer was recognized." Judd Apatow, Bridesmaids producer -- outstanding drama ensemble: "I'm proud this brilliant, hilarious and talented cast was saluted by their peers today and I'm very excited to see that comedy work is acknowledged and saluted as well." COMPLETE LIST: 2012 SAG Awards TV and Film Nominees Berenice Bejo, The Artist -- outstanding supporting actress in a film: "I was very relaxed this morning, here in L.A. where I just arrived, because I was sure Jean and Michel would get some nominations. I wasn't so sure about myself. I'm very happy this morning. I'm running to do tv, and I have auditions, and I have been thinking, 'This is a very amazing time in my life.' I'm very happy and very proud. In doing the Ellen Show this afternoon -- WOW. Michel is in Paris, and the kids are doing a dance show for the school, so that's where he is. Someone has to be with the kids! I called him this morning, he's so happy for me, for Jean, for all the cast. and we're so happy for John and Penelope and Missy as it's really an ensemble. And Uggie of course. I should call Uiggie, this awards season such a lot of work for him, he's probably sleeping. I will start thinking about wardrobe tomorrow, depending on what happens. If it happens, look for a nice dress to wear, so I can be pretty on the red carpet." -- Merle Ginsberg Kenneth Branagh, My Week With Marilyn -- outstanding supporting actor in a film: "I am so grateful to the Screen Actors Guild for recognising my work, and that of the extraordinary cast and especially the remarkable performance of Michelle Williams. Laurence Olivier set a standard for artists. To play him was a great honour, and for the performance to be acknowledged by my fellow actors is especially meaningful to me. I feel very lucky and very proud to be an actor." Janet McTeer, Albert Nobbs -- outstanding supporting actress in a film: "I'm really thrilled by this nomination. It's so flattering to be recognized by your peers. And I'm especially excited and thrilled for Glenn, who has worked so hard and so long on this project." Demian Bichir, A Better Life -- outstanding lead actor in a drama: "My girlfriend called me, that was really good. I just could not believe the statement saying that I was nominated, and with all those other amazing actors. It's the actor's vote. It's so rewarding fellow peers vote for you. To me to be among these amazing actors, it's a double honor. I'm overwhelmed by the whole thing. [Laughs] I've been an actor since I was a kid, grew up in the theater, I was 17 when I did my first play, O'Neill's Ah Wilderness -- I thought I wanted the rest of the world to get to know my work. Everyone knows how tough the competition is in the United States for any artist. So to have a place amongst so much talent I feel truly blessed." -- Merle Ginsberg PHOTO GALLERY: View Gallery SAG Awards: The Nominees Related Topics SAG Awards SAG Awards 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment